Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Expect the Unexpected

Maybe that should be my motto for 2011. After a very unexpected turn of events, last week I found myself without a lot of direction and a ton of confusion. Long story short, for a time I will be stepping back from my masters of Divinity program and focusing on my masters of Nutrition Therapy. The only problem was this decision (which it wasn't much of a decision rather than every possible door closing in my face), was that it left me without a job and without a program the government will give a loan to.

Problem.


Huge, problem.


Like a, can't yet explain how huge a problem, problem.

There have been very few times in my life that I have prayed for something and was immediately answered. But, last week I told God I was going to sit at the computer and look for a job in the big metropolis of Hillsboro, Texas and that if this was the road I was to walk down, I needed something to appear. God answered immediately and today I was offered a job on my "really want to do this one day," dream job list. Beginning Monday I'll be co-managing a gym in town with a wonderful married couple. They are passionate about health and fitness, and love the Lord. How lucky, yes?

Praising God for providing and hoping that one day I won't be so shocked when I discover my prayers have been heard.

1 comment:

debiachi said...

Glory to God who gives us more than we can imagine or ask for!