Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

The Best of the Worst: Best of Part III


Ray and I have recently started "eating clean," which has been incredible. Who knew it would be possible to feel even healthier and more energetic?! Gluten free + eating clean = best life ever. BUT, the big but, it's always important to allow yourself what I like to call
"cheat treats."
Even one of my new favorite fitness professionals
Alicia Marie

admits to having double stuffed Oreos in her freezer for not so clean eating after a photo shoot or competition.

I personally have not discovered the courage to try many pre-packaged gf cookies, mostly because it only takes one bad experience to make you run the other way and never look back.
But have no fear, here are some of the really good/but only every so often gf cheat treats:

I've never tried make brownies from scratch, only from a box. So, the best box-o-brownies: Gluten Free Pantry

CC Cookie Recipe: Pamela's (can be found online on back of baking mix)

Cupcake heaven: Whole Food GF Bakehouse
Ray loves the vinilla, I love the chocolate

And my favorite dessert ever: Cheesecake
The best recipe we have found so far (which Ray has mastered creating, much to the delight of mouth and dismay of my hips) can be found in
Carol Fenster's 1000 Gluten Free Recipes Cookbook

1 comment:

debiachi said...

Pretty soon you're going to be able to publish a book! Do they have double stuffed gf oreo's!!!