Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Classical Music- The Universal Language

This week was incredibly (I don't even know what words to use) emotional. Ray and I walked, cried, rejoiced and morned with our entire community, as we said 'see you again' to one of the most authentic Christ followers I have ever know and a pillar of this town. Warren Ferguson was his name. Because of Christ's love for him, Warren fell deeply in love with Christ and ardently followed him with every breath, smile, laugh and touch. The legacy of his life will be forever etched into the history of this town and the hearts of all who knew him. He and his wife had the most beautiful, grace-giving, soulful-loving marriage I have ever seen. As I continue to process what this town has gone through in the last several days and how God has revealed himself through it all, I'll tell you more of their awe-inspiring story.

Even after Ray had been going non-stop for days, last night he took
me on the most perfect date I have ever been on in my life.



It began with a short trip to Dallas for dinner at our favorite gluten-free establishment . . . Chipotle, of course. Then we headed across the highway to my most loved Dallas destination, The Meyerson Symphony Center.


Last night was quite an adventure. The orchestra played the score to Planet Earth while the audience watched segments from the documentary. Being admirers of both the BBC series and the symphony, it was a magical evening. The composer of the series flew in from London and guest conducted the DSO, which made the concert all the more exciting.





Now I'm off to bed, and plan on holding my husband and little closer tonight.

2 comments:

debiachi said...

How awesome! THAT is a concert i would NOT have fallen asleep in. I bet it was fantastic.
From Ray's facebook post it sounded like worship went well this morning. I'm glad!
I miss you! Is it August yet????

Kristyn said...

What an amazing date! The pictures yall took together are too cute : ) and your summarizing legacy of such a sweet man is poetic. Miss you friend!