Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Not exatly what I'm supposed to do during study time

I got up early to finish some reading, but decided I've give an update instead.

I'm about to begin my third week of seminary and finally feel like I'm on top of the wave of work instead of being sucked under it. Seriously friends, I did not know I was capable of reading this much information in a weeks time. Most days my head hurts from reading so much theology, history and scriptures. My professors continue encouraging the first semester students to stick with them; promising that "everything will be okay." Ray pre-warned me that one of the main purposes of the first semester is to ruin everything you have ever learned about Christianity and make you question it all.

He. wasn't. lying.

Thankfully, I'm really enjoying classes and the environment. Not the mention, I'm learning to reign in the automatic response of a mini panic-attack when people start arguing in class.
Ahh, growth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While teaching bearobics for Baylor (had 60 people at the first turbokick class!!), I'm also working in the student services office at Truett and some how landed the unofficial party planning position. So, to kick off the year Texas style, Truett hosted a Bar-B-Que and square dance a few weeks ago! The couples who came to teach us were precious. Pictures coming soon.


Marathon training you wonder? Yeah, me too. The first three weeks of training went so well and I was loving it! Sadly, during a P90X workout with Ray last week I popped something in my left knee out of place and then back into place. Needless to say I've injured myself. And since the doctor is wooo expensive (I really don't want someone telling me to stop working out . . . slightly too addicted to my job) and I teach several times a week, I figured I'd better cool the running and focus on saving my knee for turbokick, cycling and yoga.


I have tons of pictures to post and promise to do that in between paper writing this weekend! Also, my sweet blogging friend Whitney has created a DIY frenzy in the Miller house. Cleaners, laundry detergent, "no shamPOOing." Whoo. It's incredible people (and saves a ton of money). More to come, more to come.

Time to get back to my Evangelicals and Tradition

Happy Sunday (and One year Anniversary to me and Ray!)

2 comments:

the walton five said...

Hang in there Sarah! The first year is definately the most challenging but you wil get through it! And Ray is absolutely right...the first semester is when everything you ever believed gets torn apart. Slowly you will rebuild it and your faith will be that much more steadfast. Hang in there!

debiachi said...

What a WONDERFUL, BLESSED, BEAUTIFUL first year together. I know I've said this before, but it's more than just a catch phrase and I want to say it again.......
The BEST is Yet to Come!

mom