Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Finally . . .

We (of course) had a name picked out for a boy.


After months of dreaming, playing around with a hundred different possibilities, throwing those out and starting over again.

After much thought,

Abigail Hope Miller

will be joining our family around the New Year.


It's kind of a interesting story, how we came about her name. In the middle of the night about 7 weeks ago, during one of my (many) nightly trips to the loo, I was talking to her and out of no where called her Abigail. I was pretty shocked, considering that name was no where on our radar and to be quite honest, I didn't really like it. But after that incident, every time I spoke to her in my head, Abigail just came flying out of my thoughts. Slowly we began to like it and eventually fell in love with it.

Ray came up with Hope. We had been kicking around grace or joy, but were having a hard time feeling great about either. While studying for his sermon, the theme of Hope kept coming up. Ray began to think back on our journey and how the power of Hope has gotten us here, 23 weeks pregnant. He ran to house and said " how about Abigail Hope?"

Of course.

Hope.

The theme of our journey to parenthood.

Abigail Hope.

Abigail Hope, though our prayers for you are endless, our deepest prayer, desire and hope for you is that you may know the love of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
A Love that has no bounds.

We look forward to the future with ceaseless hope.

4 comments:

Mary Chaplin said...

Beautiful name! We're so happy for you both.

Kristina said...

beautiful name for a beautiful little girl!! :)

Aurelia said...

Thank you for sharing this sweet story of how you decided on the name for your baby girl. So thoughtful and meaningful! Also, I really appreciated your words of encouragement on my blog the other day. You guys are always in my prayers.

debiachi said...

I LOVE her already!