Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An Abraham kind of Jounery

During lunch yesterday my mentor, Cindy Wiles, said that the road God and I are currently traveling down reminded her of an Abraham kind of journey. Whereas Moses followed God back to a place he knew well, Abraham followed God to land he didn't know at all.

This is first time in years I haven't had a calendar full of classes to be in, practices to be at, meetings to run or attend and a to do list that grows and grows. Thanks to college, I'm great at being busy. Thanks to life, I'm not so great at resting. I have found deep joy and energy in taking part in this season of rest. Yet, I can't help but wonder where it's all leading. One of my favorite characteristics of God is creativeness and how God works past situations and experiences into the future. And while several different exciting projects have begun to take flight, I can't help but wonder where they are going and if I'll be apart of them for long.

No matter where The Journey leads, I am surrounded by a church who is following God in ways I didn't know possible, without a doubt the best friends I've ever had, an amazingly resilient family and the most precious, solid, gift of a husband.

Not a bad way to travel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I think you are in a good place...going with God...you rarely know the destination, but the journey can be incredible.